Melted Crayon Pumpkins
Unleash your creative side.
Halloween is becoming ever popular, and it's perfect excuse to get creative with the kids and spend quality time together. We fell so in love with this idea from Michelle, a 20-something crafty mom we just had to share with our community of crafters! Michelle was inspired by another crafter, which is exactly what we aim to get out of sharing this idea with you - send us pics when you're done and we're sure your DIY creation will inspire someone else to take up arts and crafts as a hobby!
What you'll need:
- Real pumpkin (we love this idea of painting it white so the colours pop)
- Wax crayons (buy 12 for R49.90 at West Pack Lifestyle stores) 'til 31 Oct '17
- Kids or moral support from friends
How to Make It:
- Take your wax crayons out and cut them in half
- Glue the crayon pieces in a circle on the top of the pumpkin's crown
- Once the glue has dried completely, use a hairdryer to melt the crayons
Not every one will look the same, so rather start with a smaller pumpkin as a tester if you want to get a little practice first.
This is a whole lot of fun and creates a beautiful artwork you can keep in your home long after Halloween has come and gone.Find a West Pack Lifestyle store to get art supplies on paint, wax crayons, glue and paintbrushes: Click Here
If you do tackle this creative DIY project, send us a pic and we'll share with our Facebook fans to show off your creative efforts.
- Tags: Halloween
- Calvin Coles