Impress your guests this Christmas with this easy, pretty as a picture salad. It resembles all the joys of Christmas with it’s wreath shape, and when assembling it even feels as though you are adorning the lettuce with wonderful tasty Christmas jewels.
Intrepid Chef and food blogger, Deirdre Gullan of DKOS Unique Culinary Experiences, shows us how to make one for your Christmas Day Family Feast:
• 160g baby lettuce leaves
• 30g wild rocket
• 4 peaches – grilled and cut into quarters
• 3 tbsp. honey
• 8 Parma ham slices
• 14 Parmesan shavings – use a carrot peeler
• 1 ripe avocado – thinly sliced ( squeeze some lemon on to prevent from browning)
• 2 tbsp. pomegranate rubies
Dressing (make in a bottle)
• 3 parts olive oil
• 1 part red wine vinegar
• 2 tsps. wholegrain mustard
• 1tsp honey
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Preheat a griddle pan until smoking hot
• Cut the peaches in half and remove the stones
• Brush with honey
• Place peach halves on griddle and cook for about 3 minutes – watch carefully so that they don’t burn. You are looking for griddle marks on the peaches
• Add all the dressing ingredients together and shake well
How to Assemble
• Place the lettuce and wild rocket on a large board or plate in a ring/wreath shape leaving a hole in the centre.
• Place the grilled peaches on top of the lettuce leaves.
• Place the Parma ham casually in between the peaches.
• Add the Parmesan shavings.
• Add the avocado slices.
• Sprinkle with pomegranate rubies.
• Dress the salad very lightly with the vinaigrette just before serving.
• Pour the rest of the vinaigrette into a small bowl and place in the centre with a spoon.
With thanks to Deirdre Gullan of DKOS Unique Culinary Experiences.
Join us on Tuesday 18 December from 2-3pm on Facebook in our Facebook Live AMA (Ask Me Anything), where you can ask Deidre anything to help you prepare and present the Ultimate Christmas Day Feast.
Check our bestsellers!